Virginia Federal Government Contractor Calls On HRCT For NIST 800-171 Compliance Help
NIST compliance would be difficult enough, even if it wasn’t constantly changing and updating.
Federal contractors have long been required to meet certain standards for the protection of classified information, and as the industry and technology have changed, so have those standards.
Case in point — the Department of Defense (DoD) recently issued its interim final rule, which comes into effect on November 30, 2020. This adds even more compliance-based work for contractors that want to stay in the industry and continue winning contracts. Needless to say, it’s difficult to stay compliant without any help.
That’s why this Virginia federal government contractor got in touch with HRCT:
“I am an IT administrator for a DoD Federal Contractor and we are investigating options for NIST 800-171 compliance.”
They reached out through our website’s 24/7 chat feature, and our team immediately responded:
“I recommend you speak with one of our Client Service Representatives who can best answer your request and recommend possible options for moving forward for the services.”
Our team arranged for a meeting so that we could then learn more about the contractor, their current state of compliance, and consult on the next steps.
How Does HRCT Help Federal Contractors With NIST Compliance?
We follow a precise process for managing our client’s NIST compliance:
- Compliance Assessment & Strategy: Our compliance services begin with a comprehensive assessment of your IT systems, the findings of which are compared with compliance cybersecurity controls. Our team will then develop a strategy to mitigate any risks of noncompliance, providing detailed documentation that you can demonstrate your commitment to compliance.
- Remediation: Once the assessment is complete and the strategy has been developed, our team gets to work implementing any necessary changes in order to bring you to a state of confident compliance. No matter what aspect of your cybersecurity is lacking, we will match it with a tested and proven solution to make sure it doesn’t put you at risk any longer.
- Compliance Management: Compliance is not a one-time effort. Ongoing compliance requires ongoing management, monitoring your systems for any potential cybersecurity instances, and reporting to the appropriate parties. As your IT systems age, and compliance requirements are updated, our team will make sure you stay compliant, applying necessary changes as need be.
Need Expert Assistance With NIST Compliance?
Our team is available to help you analyze your current compliance and improve it to meet the new standards set by NIST. Doing so will make your business more secure, effective, and competitive in the market.
Becoming NIST compliant with our expert assistance is easy:
- Contact our team and book your a consultation at a time that fits your schedule
- Our team will assess your environment and IT tools to determine your current state and challenges
- Our team will lay out the necessary steps for your company to meet NIST 800-171 (and future CMMC requirements)