Is your IT team at their limit? No matter how capable they are, they still might need a little extra help to get that next project done on time. It’s situations like these that Co-Managed IT services were made for.
Here’s the reality – an internal person or team can only offer so much in terms of availability, time, and skill sets. You might have the most talented IT team in the world and they will still be limited in what they can do.
It’s not your fault and it’s not their fault; it’s just the reality of IT services in an increasingly complex and tech-dependent world. No internal IT team can be experts in every single technology your business processes rely on, and even if they were, there are only so many hours in the day. What’s the solution? Many businesses are turning to co-managed IT services.
What Are Co-Managed IT Services?
Co-managed IT services allow organizations and their IT teams to take advantage of the expertise and skill of a team of IT specialists when needed, and without paying expensive salaries or benefits. It’s an affordable solution that allows you to expand and improve your current IT resources and make sure you always have the tech support you need.
- You Can Harness The Expertise You Need: If your staff is having difficulty keeping up with their support workload, your co-managed team can supplement their efforts. Our team has extensive experience delivering support in a range of environments and can help your IT team do the same.
- You Can Scale With Ease: As your organization grows and evolves, you may need to scale up your efforts. Rather than hiring more technicians, you can use co-managed IT on a month-to-month basis. If you find you no longer need as much assistance, you can quickly scale back. You’re never locked in.
- Accurate IT Budgeting: Supplemental IT services provide the help you need at budget-friendly prices. With proactive services that keep your IT assets running smoothly, you’ll know that you’re getting the most out of every technology dollar. Supplemental IT professionals can handle things like scheduled maintenance, remote monitoring, help desk services, and account management, all for one predictable monthly fee.
- Access To Specific Tech (And Training): This service isn’t just about personnel; we will also provide you with access to our comprehensive tech stack and support tools, along with the training your team needs to use them effectively.
3 Situations That Call For Co-Managed IT Services
Not sure when you’ll need co-managed IT, or how to divide up your workload? Consider these three common scenarios:
- Server & Infrastructure: While your internal IT team handles the end-users and workstations they’re familiar with, our team manages your servers and infrastructure.
- End Users & Workstations: On the other hand, if your team is better suited to it, you can have them handle servers and infrastructure while our team provides direct support to end-users and workstations.
- Escalations Only: Alternatively, you can hire us as a backup – have your internal IT handle everything, and only escalate to us when they really need the help. In order to minimize escalations, we equip your team with our support tools and train them to use them effectively.
Don’t let your support tickets pile up or your projects sit unfinished any longer. The quality and effectiveness of your IT team is up to you. Will you give them the resources and support they need to succeed?