The objective of the Level 2 Support Specialist Engineer position is a mid-level technical position based in our main office. The Support Desk is a group focused on resolving issues remotely for our client base. The L2 position responds to, resolves and escalates incoming technical client issues and requests submitted by phone, e-mail, or our client portal.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Provide expert remote desktop support, expert systems administration, and intermediate to advanced systems engineering support with a focus on:
- Amazing Client Experiences.
- Service delivery quality.
- Technical excellence.
- Proactive maintenance, documentation, and testing of client network environments through a combination of scheduled onsite and remote work using prescribed checklists
- Perform end-user support as it relates to desktop, server and mobile communication technologies.
- Perform Basic network diagnostics and repairs.
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise in focused area(s) as a local team, market and Regional needs dictate.
- Professionally document all work performed and submit accurate timecards on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of the client’s network environment and supporting material that ensures consistent quality remote support by any member of the Service Delivery Team.
- Project Deployment – the Level 2 Support Specialist will at times work with assigned project leads and Project managers, working assigned tasks and within defined project scope and milestones to ensure the successful deployment of I.T. projects for our clients
- Work with other team members to identify new revenue opportunities, primarily via projects, within their assigned clients
- Reach the goals of 100% ticket response daily and 70% ticket resolution daily.
- Timely escalation of issues that prevents the Level 2 support specialist from performing the above job functions.
- The Level 2 support specialist is required to participate in the on-call rotation that may include off-hours onsite visits
- Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Advanced knowledge and proven record deploying and supporting Microsoft Office applications (Minimum Office 2007, Office 2010 and above preferred)
- Basic understanding of and practical entry-level Support experience of Firewall appliances and services (Cisco Meraki models highly preferred).
- Basic understanding of the following protocols and networking services: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switching
- Good understanding of and practical deployment experience of Client Mobile messaging devices including Blackberry, iPhone, Android handhelds and Tablets.
- Basic understanding of and practical support experience of Server Mobile messaging technologies including Active Sync Basic understanding of and practical administration experience of Backup processes, software and hardware
- Basic understanding of WLAN, security concepts
- Proven troubleshooting and diagnostic skills Level 2 Escalation – Provide Subject matter expertise to diagnose and remedy end-user issues that are escalated by Clients, client stakeholders and/or other members of the Service Delivery team (Primarily from Support specialist I)
- Ability to communicate with users over the phone and provide remote support using a variety of remote support tools
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter – function autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Strong team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to explain technical issues in clear and understandable language
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated dedication to consistent quality
Experience, Educational Requirements and Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one of the following industry certifications is required:
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Desktop
- MCTS for Office 365 – Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting and installing Windows Desktop operating systems (Windows 7 and above)
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience performing entry-level Server/network administration (Windows Server 2008 and above)
- Competitive compensation program
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Excellent holiday/vacation plans.
- Ongoing training opportunities.
- Visible, exciting work supporting the sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions