Microsoft Office 365: What Are Its Benefits to Law Firms?
Microsoft Office is as close to a must-have piece of technology for a busy law firm as there is. I know you may be wondering why this is! Well, here’s why.
Continuous innovations in cloud services in handling various tasks have paved the way for the growth of businesses across various industries. For law firms, cloud computing has gradually become the go-to tool for accomplishing daily tasks. It not only optimizes the day-to-day operations within the law firm but also helps legal teams to better attend to clients’ needs.
Below, we’ll have a look at how law firms are using Microsoft Office 365 and the benefits they accrue from it. But first, let’s get a brief overview of what Microsoft Office 365 is.
What is Microsoft Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based subscription model of Microsoft Office. Since its launch in 2010, it has quickly become a staple in offices and computers due to its versatility. Not only does it offer an array of tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, but it continually gets updated to maintain its relevance.
As such, you can depend on this software to help you accomplish various tasks in your law firm. Here are some of its tools that you can use to accomplish your tasks efficiently:
- Word: This word processing program enables you to create, design, and collaborate on documents.
- Outlook: Outlook has an all-in-one email application with functions such as task manager, notes, web browsing, and a journal that helps you better manage such tasks in your law firm.
- OneNote: You can create notes, drawings, web screen clippings, and audio files with this tool.
- PowerPoint: PowerPoint enables you to develop slides and presentations and share them through videos, animations, images, and texts.
- Teams: This tool is designed to support everything that teams need to succeed. With it, you can conduct live meetings, video calls, among other tasks.
- Microsoft Teams: This tool allows you to chat and meet through audio and video calls.
- OneDrive: This cloud-based tool allows you to store files and documents and access them at any time from anywhere.
- Invoicing: You can create, edit, send and track business invoicing through this application.
- Customer Manager: Tracking customer communication history and tasks are made easy for businesses through this app.
- Flow: It is a no-brainer that you’ll have to perform various tasks to keep your law firm up and running. With Flow, you can easily track and automate workflows across applications.
- MyAnalytics: This tool can track and analyze everyday business activities to see where things can be improved easily.
- To Do: To Do is an app used to track and prioritize tasks. It also syncs with Outlook.
- Groups: Groups is an application that allows users to communicate within private groups.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Office 365 your law firm
Many activities go on in a law firm every day. Lawyers and their teams are expected to undertake many tasks, including filling and reviewing client case files. Microsoft Office 365 has proven itself invaluable in accomplishing most tasks in the legal field. Below is an in-depth discussion of some of the benefits accrued from this software:
- Improved workflow and functionality: Most often than not, staff in a law firm have different responsibilities and projects going on at a given time. Proper management of these tasks is crucial to the seamless completion of various operations. With Microsoft Office 365 tools, individuals and team members can coordinate legal matters, share data and documents, and collaborate on projects and tasks. Moreover, the Office 365 tools make it easy for lawyers to conduct web meetings with co-workers and clients.
- Storage and management of documents: Just like in most industries, safe and efficient storage and management of documents are vital to the success of a law firm. Office 365 applications enable you to store word documents, emails, Excel spreadsheets, and files. It also allows you to track the sharing and modifications of documents and files. Additionally, tools such as OneDrive, SharePoint, and Exchange allow you to manage document storage effectively.
- Convenient mobility usage: Law is one of those professions where you’ll have to work both inside and outside the office. As such, It is not unheard of for lawyers to work outside the office and on the go. Because of this, they must be able to access relevant information and complete their tasks from anywhere. Microsoft Office 365 has all the resources that you and your team may need to work from any location.
- Improved client relationship management: How you relate with your customers plays a huge part in how fast your law firm grows. With tools such as Dynamics and SharePoint, Microsoft Office 365 ensures that legal teams can store, manage, and track communication with their clients. Moreover, the Excellent CRM (Customer Relationship Management)can also improve client acquisitions within a law firm.
- Enhanced security: The importance of securing documents in the legal field cannot be downplayed. Luckily, Microsoft Office 365 has got your back. Apart from its applications having foolproof measures that ensure your documents and files are secure, Microsoft accepts responsibility for any security breaches.
Which Microsoft Office plans should your law firm sign up for?
Microsoft 365 has several business and enterprise plans to choose from. The plan you pick will depend on your individual needs and the size of your law firm. Below are some of the plans you can choose from.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic: This plan costs $5 per user. It has tools such as Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive.
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium: It costs $20 per user. With this plan, you can get all Microsoft Office 365 services.
- Microsoft 365 Apps: This plan costs $8.25 per user. It includes Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and OneDrive.
It’s irrefutable that Microsoft Office 365 is an essential tool that can help your law firm function effectively. That said, you still have to get your Microsoft Office Plan 365 solutions from a renowned provider. Lucky for you HRCT team can solve all your IT needs. Schedule time to sit down with the HRCT team to go through all your Microsoft 365 needs.