Cyber Security Consulting: How Can You Overcome the Top 3 Threats to SMBs?
Contact HRCT to prevent phishing, DNS attacks and ransomware threats used by cybercriminals to hack into your system.
HRCT offers networking solutions for the top three threats facing small businesses worldwide. Webroot interviewed 600 IT decision-makers for small to midsize businesses about threats that kept them up at night. The survey also revealed that the estimated cost of a breach may be trending downward. According to the Webroot SMB Cybersecurity Preparedness report, the top 3 spots vary by country, but include:
- Vulnerability to DNS attacks
What Were the Key Findings in the Report?
Phishing has evolved as the No. 1 threat, replacing new malware. Phishing came in third last year and malware is sixth on the list, behind DDoS attacks in fourth place and mobile attacks coming in fifth. Following the WannaCry ransomware attack, the category rose from fifth to third place globally. Overall, U.S. IT decision-makers, at 56%, seem to be more concerned about phishing attacks than their counterparts in the U.K., 42%, or Australia, 46%.
What Does the Report Reveal About Training?
Although all the ITDMs interviewed said they train employees on best practices, only half conduct continuous training. Continuous training is the most effective way to keep employees on the alert for suspicious email and avoid other actions that leave your company at risk of a breach. The good news, sort of, is that the estimated cost of a breach has fallen to $527,256, a 9% drop from 2017.
Continuous training is often beyond the capacity of overtaxed internal teams. It’s one of the best arguments for turning to Cyber Security consulting.
What Cyber Security Consulting Does HRCT Offer?
HRCT has a number of tools that can strengthen security for its clients:
- Partner with HRCT to implement reliable network firewalls. We set up effective monitoring and control incoming and outgoing internet traffic. This lets you inspect traffic to block malware as well as forbidden websites that pose a threat to your web network security.
- E-mail plays a key role when it comes to network security. We can recommend dependable filters to detect and block phishing and malware attacks via email. Unfortunately, even with the tightest security, users are the weakest link. We offer “test” services that initiate fake phishing attempts to see who clicks on suspicious links or attachments. These individuals can be recommended for additional training to increase their awareness and lower your risk.
- Implement end protection software. Protect computers and other devices with endpoint protection software. This software includes anti-spyware, anti-virus, and other intrusion prevention.
- Strengthen passwords and require two-factor identification. Include uppercase, lowercase, special characters and numbers in acceptable passwords, and require a new password every 90 days or less. Two-factor authentication requires smart cards, tokens, or biometrics to access devices that can connect to your network.
HRCT can assist your company with all of these items, including selecting the hardware and software needed to make it happen.
How Can HRCT Help?
HRCT recognizes that phishing, DNS attacks and ransomware threats are just some of the tools used by cybercriminals to hack into your system. We have experienced cybersecurity experts who can help you assess the needs of your organization and recommend a solution. Contact us today to discuss your company’s network security needs.