Check back for this year’s event information.
Mark your calendars! Come out and support CHKD and join HRCT for Touch-a-Truck 2018!
How can you and your company help support Breast Cancer Research and Education?
#1: Join our Team for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. HRCT employees will be walking on Saturday, October 13th at Mt. Trashmore in Virginia Beach. See below for details and how to join our team!
#2: Make a donation.
#3: During the month of October 2018, HRCT will donate 5% of our proceeds for qualifying new sales to Breast Cancer research and education.*
Breast Cancer Statistics
- About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12.4%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- In 2018, an estimated 266,120 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S.
- About 2,550 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in men in 2018.
- A man’s lifetime risk of breast cancer is about 1 in 1,000.
- About 40,920 women in the U.S. are expected to die in 2018 from breast cancer, though death rates have been decreasing since 1989.
- For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung cancer.
- Besides skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women.
- In 2017, it’s estimated that about 30% of newly diagnosed cancers in women will be breast cancers.
- As of January 2018, there are more than 3.1 million women with a history of breast cancer in the U.S.
- A woman’s risk of breast cancer nearly doubles if she has a first-degree relative (mother, sister, daughter) who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Less than 15% of women who get breast cancer have a family member diagnosed with it.
- About 85% of breast cancers occur in women who have no family history of breast cancer. These occur due to genetic mutations.
- The most significant risk factors for breast cancer are gender (being a woman) and age (growing older).
Learn the signs and symptoms and know your risk factors.
- The American Cancer Society: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer.html
- BreastCancer.org: http://www.breastcancer.org/
- Susan G. Komen®: https://ww5.komen.org/
- National Breast Cancer Foundation: http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/breast/
- National Institute of Health: https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast
Call (757) 255-8952 or click here to email us
for more information about our Breast Cancer efforts and how HRCT can help your business.
*Ask your HRCT team member what qualifies as new sales. Subject to change.
Sources: ACS Cancer Facts & Figures 2017 and BreastCancer.org